ou will work on fulfilling Rakuten’s vision of world’s first fully virtualized telecom cloud, with homegrown products developed by our world-class engineering team and using solutions/products from leading vendor partners in this domain. You will have the opportunity to take the product from start to end, define roadmaps, executing Rakuten’s vision. As a product owner you will be responsible to understand end-customer business cases & requirements and thereafter drive the roadmap & development of cloud connectivity services (virtualized networking) features on Rakuten Cloud Platform.
- As a Product Owner for Cloud DC Networking and Connectivity Services, you will be driving the products and the solutions for delivering the fully automated Cloud Data Center Architectures built on the principles of Software Defined Networking that is going to power the next gen 5G use cases for residential and enterprise customers.
- Responsible for driving the product strategy, roadmap, positioning across the portfolio.
- Interface with end customers, sales team and other product managers to understand the customer’s Cloud Networking & Connectivity requirements, help define the business case and work with the product teams in maximizing the value of the product by creating and managing the product backlog and prioritizing the features across releases.
- Work with the Product Architects and product managers during the POC, MVP development phase and present the solutions to the central architecture group including leadership teams.
- Work with external vendors and partners to evaluate their new products/offerings to synergize with the RCP and overall solution to end customers.
- Monitor the evolving market trends in the area of cloud connectivity and keep a close tab on competitive solutions and come up with a strategy and plan for RCP to keep up with these market trends.
- Define, measure, and monitor key performance indicators and success metrics. Track trends and impact internal and external factor on these KPI’s. Identify and recommend any updates required.
- Work with the product architects and the product managers to create training and marketing contents for the go to market teams.
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Engineering.
- 8-10+ years of experience as a Product Owner/Product Manager/ Solutions Architect. Extensive customer and field facing experience is highly desirable for this role.
- Solid understanding of designing Load balancing/ADC Solutions in Enterprise DataCenter or in a Telco Cloud Environment. Experience with implementing these features on products from F5, NetScaler, AVI, A10, NGINX etc.
- Understanding of the L4-L7 security features such as NGFW, WAF, Antivirus etc.
- Understanding of the 5G load balancing & security will be a big added plus. Experience with implementing these features on products from F5, Fortinet etc.
- Understanding and experience designing API Gateway solutions such as NGINX, Ambassador etc.
- Experience designing load balancing and ingress solutions in a Kubernetes environment using solutions such as MetalLB, Traffik, NGINX, F5-BigIP-LTM etc.
- Understanding of the Kubernetes Service Mesh and Service Mesh solutions such as ISTIO, LinkerD etc.
- Having CNCF Certifications such as CKA/CKAD is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Network Automation (Network as a Code) and automation frameworks such as Ansible, Terraform, RESTConf, YANG Modelling etc.
- Proven leadership ability and ability to work with leadership at all levels.
- Strong analytic reasoning skills and the ability to communicate with ease both internally within the company as well as externally with customers/partners.
- Proven problem-solving abilities and abilities to work with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of virtualization and Cloud Native architectures and technologies such as Openstack, VMWare, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.
- Experience working with products and solutions such as include Opendaylight, ETSI OSM, ONAP etc.
- Good understanding of 5G architecture and 5G cloud infrastructure requirements.
- Server network acceleration techniques such as SRIOV, DPDK etc.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum process models.
- CCIE/JNCIE/Openstack/CKA/CKAD or similar certifications.
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not accept candidate referrals or resumes/ CVs from recruitment agencies with whom Rakuten Mobile Singapore does not have a contract. Rakuten Mobile Singapore will not accept any claim for payment for unsolicited referrals or resumes/ CVs.