You will work on fulfilling Rakuten’s vision of world’s first fully virtualized telecom network, with some of the leading vendor partners in this domain. You will be responsible to research technology alternatives and identify best fit solutions to meet th e virtualization requirements on Rakuten’s own cloud platform. You will have the opportunity to take a holistic view of the architecture keeping in mind other interfacing system s , there by realizing Rakuten’s vision. You will be the key system architect fo r the Platform as a Service (PaaS) used by all applications in the Rakuten Communications Platform.
- A rchitect & Design solutions for platform which are optimal, secure, efficient, scalable, resilient and reliable database-as-a- service .
- Work with per xAS product owners and architects to deliver the goals of the overall platform.
- Design strategies and tools to deploy, monitor, and administer database products on a PaaS using underlying services for Cloud
- Architect and design roa dmap of RCP PaaS Database services collaboratively and work towards end goals delivery.
- Work with engineering teams for designing, building & productionizing components that will grow in capability while being multi - tenant, global, scalable & highly avail able
- Collaborating with relevant delivery teams and external stakeholders/partners including infrastructure, operations, site reliability engineering, product development, and others to perform evaluations, POC’s, and ultimately implement and govern new technology.
- Create architectural documents that describe systems, integrations, data relationships and networking.
- Strong hands - on database administration experience with one or more relational databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Strong hands - on database administration experience with one or more NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra
- Strong hands - on Kubernetes and related technologies
- Experience in developing Microservices, Serverless architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, or Data Processing Pipeline.
- Expertise in application and integration architecture, using Micro - Services, API, K8S, and a mindset to deliver event driven architecture.
- Knowledge of public cloud service offerings (IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS, Storage services)
- Excellent communication skills – able to understand and interact in both business and technical languages.
- Familiar with all aspects in public cloud network infrastructure structure, including data - centre network, backbone network, access network, etc.
- Very good knowledge of open source/CNCF projects governance such as technical advocacy teams, steering advisory boards.
- Strong experience with open - source community contributing to Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy, CNI communities.
- 5+ years of experience developing corporate product strategies