You will work on fulfilling Rakuten’s vision of world’s first fully virtualized telecom network, with some of the leading vendor partners in this domain. You will be responsible to research technology alternatives and identify best fit solutions to meet the virtualization requirements on Rakuten’s own cloud platform. You will have the opportunity to take a holistic view of the architecture keeping in mind other interfacing systems, there by realizing Rakuten’s vision. You will be the key system architect for the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) used by all applications in the Rakuten Communications Platform.
- Architect & Design solutions for platform which are optimal, secure, efficient, scalable, resilient and reliable storage as a service.
- Work with per xAS product owners and architects to deliver the goals of the overall platform.
- Design strategies and tools to deploy, monitor, and administer database products on a PaaS using underlying services for Cloud
- Architect and design roadmap of RCP PaaS Storage services collaboratively and work towards end goals delivery.
- Work with engineering teams for designing, building & productionizing components that will grow in capability while being multi-tenant, global, scalable & highly available.
- Collaborating with relevant delivery teams, and external stakeholders/partners including infrastructure, operations, site reliability engineering, product development, and others to perform evaluations, POC’s, and ultimately implement and govern new technology.
- Create architectural documents that describe systems, integrations, data relationships and networking.
- Strong hands-on storage administration
- Experience with one or more storage technologies like minio, ceph, and S3.
- Strong hands-on storage administration experience with one or more storage devices like NetApp, Dell-EMC
- Strong hands-on storage administration experience with one or more hyper-converged infrastructure like Nutanix, VMWare
- Strong hands-on Kubernetes and related technologies
- Experience in developing Microservices, Serverless architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, or Data Processing Pipeline.
- Expertise in application and integration architecture, using Micro-Services, API, K8S, and a mindset to deliver event driven architecture.