The Web Team owns all our user-facing web properties such as, viki.com and soompi.com, at Viki. Tens of millions of users will be impacted by what you have built. Ours is a diverse stack of exciting web technologies like NextJS, Typescript, styled-components, NodeJS, etc. We work on a range of challenging projects, such as building features like coviewing, optimizing web performance, monitoring, creating in-house developer tools etc. The team works closely with the product, design, operations and analytics team to deliver better, faster and the best experiences for our users.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are in search of an engineer who can work in a fast-paced, professional environment. We’re responsible for a variety of systems. Our API is built using a variety of technologies such as Go, Node, Redis, Ruby, RabbitMq and PostgreSql. We are scaling and adding a number of interesting features such as search, social and advanced push notifications. We manage our own deployments (think Docker, Scout, Logstash and StatsD) and are responsible for end-to-end delivery of the components. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Write APIs using Ruby
- Focus on code quality and testability
- Improve application performance
- Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently
- Agile and Data Driven mindset
Key Requirements Include:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in developing professional grade software
- Expert knowledge and professional experience in at least one programming language such as Java, Ruby, Go, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Nginx, and/or Unicon
- Experience leading a small team and building complex, high availability systems
- Operational experience in deploying, scalability optimization, continuous delivery, and automation
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged