The SRE team at Viki is responsible for building infrastructure for the large distributed components that run Viki. We develop and maintain services that power Viki's API and business intelligence, as well as make architecture changes to scale them. We handle everything from Performance engineering, Cost optimisation, Security, Reliability engineering to Configuration and deployment pipelines. We run our systems on GCP with GKE and our media pipeline on AWS. We also use Spinnaker, Cloudbuild, ELK, PostgreSQL, Redis to name a few tools. You don’t have to be familiar with all of them, as long as you have built expertise with something equivalent. You will help us continuously improve our system, scale it to the next level and create guidelines for developers to follow.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Be accountable from a delivery and people management perspective for a team that designs, builds and maintains infrastructure services across Viki's platform
- Run Incident Management, Capacity Planning and SLO definition with various stakeholders and feedback lessons to the planning cycle and development processes.
- Instill a sense of current SRE principles into various development teams around reliability, performance, security.
- Run SRE team planning. Conduct and track Quarterly and yearly roadmapping, Biweekly Sprint planning for the team.
- Own the cloud infrastructure, observability suite and Pagerduty setup in all aspects. Liaison with development teams, 3rd party support teams, TAMs and create the functional roadmap for the same.
- Passion to build scalable systems and deliver top-tier services with impact worldwide
- We don't require experience in any particular technology, but you should have the ability to chew through difficult technical problems and gain insights from them
- A solid foundation in understanding of practical operating system concepts around Linux/ Unix and grasp of basic networking are essential
- Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes or any equivalent systems is a must.
- Familiarity with either AWS or GCP or Azure is a must
- Experience in scaling systems or working with high scale systems is a must
- Should have had experience managing people in some capacity
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged