Rakuten Viki is seeking an experienced Senior Data Analyst for our Data Analytics Team. At Rakuten Viki, we handle terabytes of data to help us understand our users and learn about content trends. Our analytics team is first and foremost responsible for collecting, processing and organizing these large amounts of data using advanced and scalable techniques. They then analyze these complex datasets to generate deeper insights and help various teams at Rakuten Viki effectively utilize it for crucial decision-making. This person will play a key role in advancing analytics at Rakuten Viki, performing in-depth analyses to improve business metrics and building data-driven models to support business decision-making.
- Deep dive into big data and provide business intelligence and analytics support to key company-wide business initiatives
- Develop insights through reports and dashboards for Product and business functions to inform product ideation and business decision.
- Work with Product Managers to formulate and analyse A/B testing experiments
- Manage Data quality and lifecycle for assigned feature area including validating data integrity, and working with engineers to ensure necessary correction
- Conduct inferential analysis and predictive analysis to model user behaviour and relevant metrics
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline with 4-8 years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- Deep understanding of the usage and interpretation of statistical methods
- Interest in large scale data mining, gathering insights and reporting
- Prior experience with the following languages/tools is highly preferred:
- For data modeling: R, Python
- For data processing: Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Redshift, BigQuery, Spark
- For data visualization: Looker, Amplitude, Tableau, Qlikview, Holistics
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged.#LI-DNI