The Analytics Team handles terabytes of data to help us understand our users and learn about content trends. They are responsible for collecting, processing and organizing large and complex datasets in order to generate actionable insights and help various teams at Viki make data-driven decisions.
The Analytics Team is seeking a Senior Data Analyst. This role will be based in Singapore and report to the Data Analytics Manager. He/She will play a key role in growing our analytical capabilities at Viki and perform in-depth analyses to help improve business metrics.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Act as a strategic partner to a set of stakeholders to facilitate data-driven planning and decision-making in their respective areas
- Analyse large and complex data sets that represent the behaviour of millions of users globally
- Conduct inferential and predictive analyses to better understand user behaviour
- Identify factors that affect product performance and growth, derive actionable insights to achieve better product feature ideation and development
- Work closely with Product Managers, design A/B experiments, and optimize future product developments
- Leverage business intelligence tools to design and build dashboards to facilitate self-service of data
- Manage data quality and lifecycle, working with data engineers to ensure data integrity and availability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis
- Highly proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- Experience in partnering with product and/or other business stakeholders to drive complex analytical projects
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of the usage and interpretation of statistical methods
- For data modeling: R, Python
- For data processing: Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Redshift, BigQuery, Spark
- For data visualization: Looker, Amplitude, Tableau, Qlikview, Holistics
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged.