We are currently looking for a passionate and collaborative engineer who’s willing to explore new technologies and excel at existing ones. As a Senior Engineer, Android at Viki, you will be working on building exciting new features and improving our app. As part of the team, you will get the chance to work with an amazing team of Android developers who shaped our app to become a benchmark of excellence in Google Play. We are featured under Editor's Choice and Android Excellence. In addition, we are among Google’s launch partners for Android instant Apps and Android Go. We are also featured in Android Developer Story, nominated for Google Play Awards, Best Living Room Experience Awards and various tech blogs and news sites.
Key Requirements Include:
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working with Android by designing, implementing and testing robust features on the Android application
- Experience with Kotlin
- Ability to find innovative ways to increase application efficiency and connectivity, with an emphasis on improving the core user experience
- Collaborate closely with product design and QA teams to create innovative user interfaces and features, optimized for mobile platforms across various screen sizes.
- An interest to explore, investigate and prototype leading-edge concepts
- Comfortable working in a highly agile team with multiple concurrent projects (including but not limited to TV, Apps, and other technologies)
- Video streaming experience
- Product design experience with focus on user analytics
- Experience testing frameworks such as JUnit, Espresso and Test Labs
- Experience in refactoring highly complex apps
- Experience working with reactive programming
- Prior experience working with in-app subscription and in-app purchases
- Experience with Android Architecture Components or and other Jetpack libraries
- Experience working with CPU Profiling Tools
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged.