The Web Team owns all our user-facing web properties such as viki.com and soompi.com at Viki. Tens of millions of users will be impacted by what you have built. Ours is a diverse stack of exciting web technologies like NextJS, Typescript, styled-components, NodeJS, etc. We work on a range of challenging projects, such as building features like co-viewing, optimizing web performance, monitoring, creating in-house developer tools etc. The team works closely with the product, design, operations and analytics team to deliver better, faster and the best experiences for our users.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we are in search of a Senior Engineer, Web who can work in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Responsible for creating beautiful, responsive, and performant user interfaces
- Develop and maintain fast, bug-free, and re-usable components for our internal React component library
- Working closely with the design, product and engineering teams to define and develop the company’s next-generation mobile-optimized web applications and new features
- Use the latest web technologies, work closely with our UX designers to translate product specifications into fully functional user interfaces
- Ensure cross-browser and multi-platform compatibility. Building & integrating tools to increase developer speed and efficiency
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science with 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in semantic HTML, CSS and a solid understanding of core web and browser concepts
- Experience with writing automated, end-to-end tests
- Experience with AJAX/JSON and web API integration
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Passion for technology, tools, environments, languages and systems
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged .#LI-DNI