The Android team at Viki is responsible for shaping our app to become a benchmark of excellence in Google Play. We are featured under Editor's Choice and Android Excellence. In addition, we are among Google’s launch partners for Android instant Apps and Android Go. We are also featured in Android Developer Story, nominated for Google Play Awards, Best Living Room Experience Awards and various tech blogs and news sites.
Based in Singapore, reporting to the Manager, Engineering (Native Apps), the Staff Engineer, Android will focus on building exciting new features and improving our app. You will also be responsible for mentoring an amazing team of Android Engineers and developing strategies to improve team processes and efficiency.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the team in designing, implementing and testing robust features on the Android application
- Collaborate closely with product design and QA teams to create innovative user interfaces and features, optimized for mobile platforms across various screen sizes
- Increase application efficiency and connectivity, with an emphasis on improving the core user experience
- Technical mentorship of the Android team
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience working with Android
- Strong experience with Kotlin
- An interest to explore, investigate and prototype leading-edge concepts
- Comfortable working in a highly agile team with multiple concurrent projects (including but not limited to TV, Apps, and other technologies)
- Video streaming experience
- Product design experience with focus on user analytics
- Experience testing frameworks such as JUnit, Espresso and Test Labs
- Experience in refactoring highly complex apps
- Experience working with reactive programming
- Prior experience working with in-app subscription and in-app purchases
- Experience with Android Architecture Components or and other Jetpack libraries
- Experience working with CPU Profiling Tools
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged.