The SRE team at Viki is responsible for building infrastructure for the large distributed components that run Viki. We develop and maintain services that power Viki's API and business intelligence, as well as make architecture changes to scale them. We handle everything from Performance engineering, Cost optimization, Security, Reliability engineering to Configuration and deployment pipelines
Based in Singapore, reporting to the SRE manager, the Staff Engineer, Security role will specifically focus on improving the security at Viki. You will be working on improving both the infrastructure and application security, perform threat modelling exercises and train other engineers on security-first mindset.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead security initiatives within the organisation and help define roadmap with CISO
- Help harden the infrastructure and application security
- Integrate security validations and other tooling into CI/CD pipelines
- Lead threat modelling discussions with stakeholders for various subsystems
- Improve the application security by defining secure coding guidelines and training the other engineers about security best practices, integrating security into architecture
- Lead risk assessment initiatives across multiple domains
- Improve the infrastructure security by helping implement the relevant cloud environment’s security best practices
- Respond to security incidents
- Lead the efforts for different Compliance requirements and audits
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in Security in any area
- Good knowledge of practical operating system knowledge around Unix/Linux
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols
- Strong knowledge of networks, web applications and API security
- Familiarity with at least one Cloud Computing environment (GCP or AWS).
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes or any equivalent systems.
- Familiarity with at least one high-level programming language, preferably Go, Ruby, Python or Node.js
- Prior experience with API and web applications security either on defense or offense side.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged. #LI-DNI