We are searching for WordPress Developer on a 1-year contract. Based in Singapore, the role will report to the Engineering Manager and play an important part in improving and growing our high-traffic network of WordPress sites.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain and improve existing themes, plugins and custom code
- Manage technical integration with third party services
- Updating and maintenance of code across our network of websites
- Troubleshooting website and technology issues across our managed platforms including WordPress, Nginx, Memcached and MySQL
- Implement features and ensure quality prior to deployment
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based microsites based on usability
- Proven experience as a WordPress developer.
- PHP and MySQL development experience, including object-oriented PHP
- Understanding of WordPress shortcodes, functions, The Loop, localization and WordPress Multisite
- Development expertise with custom post types, custom fields, plugins and themes for high-traffic WordPress sites
- Understanding of development requirements for responsive design and mobile optimized sites.
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged.