Reap is looking for an Engineering Lead.
We at Reap are looking for someone motivated, passionate about technology with a keen interest and understanding of how to drive new ideas forward.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who want to take a leadership role with a fast- paced, funded, startup and contribute to the strategic direction of the company. If you’re entrepreneurial, ambitious and a versatile engineer looking to have immediate hands-on
responsibilities and work with both the product, design and sales/marketing teams in driving growth, this is your opportunity to build a platform and scale a company.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience is preferred.
- Technical skills: Day to day, you will own the technical vision and technical roadmap while also (initially) being one of the primary hands-on developers - currently Python and Node.js backend and React.js for the frontend.
- Product sense: You’ll lead the development of B2B products around domestic and cross- border payments, applying big data techniques and machine learning towards accurate credit modelling and data extrapolation.
- Leadership and entrepreneurial mindset: You will play a key role in setting the tone for culture, performance and quality, and establish a technology-focused mindset for the company; to hire, mentor and lead a team of software developers.
- Skills & experience required:
- Experienced software developer in another technology company and have built/ managed or ideally hired engineering teams.
- Familiar with various development methodologies (we’re currently using agile) for end to end product development.
- Broad knowledge and experience of web, app programming, systems design, and systems architecture, so that you can work to uncover the possibilities on scaling the platform and enhance the performance and speed.
- Good at understanding user stories and root problem analysis, transforming business requirements to technical specification; and conversely, foreseeing technical solutions for actual use cases.
- Determined and reliable personality with a willingness to experiment, take risks, and build for the future.
- Willingness to coach and mentor developers to get the most value from their work.
- Strong business acumen, entrepreneurial experience, or working in a start-up environment are a PLUS.