The Red Hat Consulting Services team is looking for a Platform and DevOps Consultant to join us in Singapore. In this role, you will use our unique middleware applications capabilities for DevOps, continuous integration (CI), and cloud-based development consulting projects. You'll play a key role in our customers' evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions practical and workable for their businesses. As a Platform and DevOps Consultant, you'll need to learn new solutions and technologies and expand your core base of expertise while traveling to customer sites within the South East Asia region.
Primary job responsibilities
- Guide the on-site implementation of technologies like Red Hat Application Services, Red Hat OpenShift, 3scale by Red Hat, and Red Hat Mobile Application Platform
- Gain understanding of customer infrastructures and application and business needs, make recommendations to resolve issues, and help customers make strategic decisions
- Build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and enable continuous feature release of applications
- 5+ years of experience and advanced knowledge of middleware and JEE, including enterprise web or middleware development project experience
- 5+ years of experience working directly with enterprise stakeholders on a range of development and deployment projects
- Advanced Java and architecture experience, including demonstrated architect-level involvement with many aspects of middleware
- Understanding of Java frameworks and libraries, e.g., Spring, Hibernate, Apache Struts, and Apache Tomcat
- Advanced experience with at least one of the major middleware solutions, preferably Red Hat Application Services or competitive solutions like Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, webMethods, and TIBCO
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, object-oriented design, and development principles including enterprise design patterns, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), API management, DevOps, and mobile development
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Red Hat supports individuals with disabilities and provides reasonable accommodations to job applicants. If you need assistance completing our online job application, email email@example.com
. General inquiries, such as those regarding the status of a job application, will not receive a reply.