Product or Service
- Labs are involved in a large range of projects leveraging a multitude of different technologies so a successful candidate is unlikely to be assigned to a single product or service. Information about specific projects would be discussed in the course of the interview process.
- As a part of our growing Singapore Lab team of data scientists, engineers and UX/UI designers you will be part of our network of like-minded colleagues across Singapore and London
- Labs projects have recently included analytics based on equity sentiment, FX events, trading transaction costs and building a Custom Financial Language Model
- Our team offers a great flexible working environment, values curiosity and supports an open and learning culture for all levels of experience & seniority.
- Perform scientific research into the latest methodologies and technologies within a Financial setting, specifically in the areas of ESG and sustainable investing.
- Scope and build proof-of-concepts / prototypes using data science techniques directly for Refinitiv customers.
- Conceive, develop, and test algorithms with tools like Python, AWS, etc.
- Locate, clean and wrangle data. Integrate internal and external data sources using API’s.
- Work with external and internal partners to identify and deliver Refinitiv data and tools needed to build prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- PhD or Master’s degree in a highly quantitative field such as computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or engineering.
- Ability to individually conduct scientific research.
- A good understanding of finance and/or financial issues linked to ESG and sustainable investing.
- Detailed knowledge on how companies manage and report on ESG issues and experience analysing this data is an asset.
- Experience analysing and working with geospatial data is an asset.
- Experience producing and rapidly delivering minimum viable products.
- Strong programming experience in Python and its core libraries like NumPy, pandas and scikit-learn.
- ML Ops technology stack (Kubernetes, MLFlow, Docker etc) is a bonus
- Hands-on experience with ML, Deep Learning, and NLP.
- Ability to write fully-tested, production-level code.
- Experience working with relational, NoSQL, or Graph databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.