Product or Service
- Labs are involved in a large range of projects leveraging a multitude of different technologies so a successful candidate is unlikely to be assigned to a single product or service. Information about specific projects would be discussed in the course of the interview process.
- As a part of our growing Singapore Lab team of data scientists, engineers and UX/UI designers you will be part of our global network of like-minded colleagues in our sister lab in London.
- Recently the group has worked on sentiment analysis on financial data, FX impact analysis, graph-based risk analysis, turned text into risk signals, created ML predictions of bond prices, and created real time data simulation.
- Our team offers a great flexible working environment, values curiosity and supports an open and learning culture for all levels of experience & seniority.
Don’t get stuck optimizing ad impressions! Come work with us to build data applications defining the future of financial technology!
- Lead investigator for a new category of model, line of inquiry or data-science technology paradigm.
- Learns new techniques and teaches them to the team.
- Makes significant discoveries and adds to company’s portfolio of intellectual property.
- Becomes a real expert in some domain areas and technologies.
- Stays on top of the state of the art in the field and brings in new tools to accelerate progress.
- Can act as principal investigator for development of analytical models, and primary point of contact for their deployment.
- PhD or Master’s degree in a highly quantitative field such as computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience working in the Financial sector, preferably in the capital markets.
- Strong programming experience in Python and its core libraries like NumPy, pandas and scikit-learn.
- Ability to individually conduct scientific financial research.
- Experience producing and rapidly delivering minimum viable products, results focused with ability to prioritize the most impactful deliverables.
- Hands-on experience with ML, Deep Learning, and NLP.
- Ability to write fully-tested, production-level code.
- Experience working with relational, NoSQL, or Graph databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team.
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and technologies.
Knowledge & Skill
- Specialist, experienced professional with extensive knowledge and skills gained through wide-ranging experiences in a field that requires diverse practices or procedures.
- Recognized expert in their functional area or geography
- Deep knowledge of complex product, market and function in own area
- In-depth understanding of a Business Unit or function
- Works on issues of a diverse scope where analysis of situations requires skills and understanding of current industry trends
Scope Of Impact
- Leads significant projects, programs and business initiatives, demonstrating creativity and ingenuity
- Determines work priorities based on general direction from managers
- May manage budget for projects or programs within area
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts and Business Unit strategy
- Provides specialist advice to middle and senior management to resolve complex issues.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
- Applies a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Anticipates customer needs; assesses requirements and identifies new solutions
- Solves complex problems which may be multidisciplinary or require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Makes decisions in non-routine situations applying considerable interpretative thinking
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.