We are looking for a Backend Engineer (12 months renewable contract) capable of producing scalable infrastructure and software solutions to join our team. You will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to development.
You should be comfortable with backend software development languages, cloud infrastructure and defining infrastructure as code. You should also be comfortable with methodologies to scale and parallelise infrastructure, applications and data processing pipelines.
- Building spectacular Proof of Concepts (POCs) to Beta products for the global Finance and Risk community via design led agile development in partnership with customers
- Creating compelling proposals with technologists in partnership with business, driving innovation from conception to production
- Working both independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team in an agile fashion
- Analysis, design and implementation of complex software solutions using customer focused design driven methodologies, delivered via public cloud
- Defining, organising and implementing projects across multiple locations and time zones
- Translating end user needs to requirements using a lightweight agile design led methodology
- Building domain expertise in Financial market content and Refinitiv systems.
- Networking in the FinTech, big data and academic community through conferences, meetups and workshops – bringing cutting edge techniques and technology into business strategy
- Strong skills and experience developing applications in NodeJS, Python or other relevant languages.
- Strong skills and experience with web servers, databases and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience developing and deploying containerised environments (e.g. Docker Compose, Kubernetes).
- Experience developing and deploying micro services architectures.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines utilising infrastructure as code.
- Experience with administration of Linux operating systems and are comfortable with the CLI
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks (ReactJS, Vue, AngluarJS, etc.)
- Critical thinking, value judgment and common sense over process.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and technologies.
- 3 years+ experience as a Software Developer or equivalent.
- Diploma / Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science / or equivalent experience.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.