Refinitiv Labs provides a unique opportunity to work in a global company within a team with the culture of a start-up. Refinitiv Labs
Product or Service
- Labs are involved in a large range of projects leveraging a multitude of different technologies so a successful candidate is unlikely to be assigned to a single product or service. Information about specific projects would be discussed in the course of the interview process.
- As a part of our growing Singapore Lab team of data scientists, engineers and UX/UI designers you will be part of our global network of like-minded colleagues in our sister lab in London.
- Recently the group has worked on sentiment analysis on financial data, FX impact analysis, graph-based risk analysis, turned text into risk signals, created ML predictions of bond prices, and created real time data simulation.
- Our team offers a great flexible working environment, values curiosity and supports an open and learning culture for all levels of experience & seniority.
Don’t get stuck optimizing ad impressions! Come work with us to build data applications defining the future of financial technology!
- Perform scientific research into the latest methodologies and technologies within a Financial setting, specifically in the areas of ESG and sustainable investing.
- Apply machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and other data science techniques to create novel ESG and sustainable investing models.
- Scope and build proof-of-concepts / prototypes using data science techniques directly for Refinitiv customers.
- Conceive, develop, and test algorithms with tools like Python, AWS, etc.
- Locate, clean and wrangle data. Integrate internal and external data sources using API’s.
- Work with external and internal partners to identify and deliver Refinitiv data and tools needed to build prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- PhD or Master’s degree in a highly quantitative field such as computer science, physics, applied mathematics, or engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in Finance in the area of sustainable/ESG investing.
- Deep understanding of financial issues linked to ESG and sustainable investing, including data structure and data quality of ESG ratings, scores and other datasets.
- Detailed knowledge on how companies manage and report on ESG issues and experience analysing this data..
- Ability to individually conduct scientific research.
- Experience analysing and working with geospatial data and geostatistical libraries is an asset.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery.
- Experience producing and rapidly delivering minimum viable products.
- Strong programming experience in Python and its core libraries like NumPy, pandas and scikit-learn.
- Hands-on experience with ML, Deep Learning, and NLP.
- Ability to write fully-tested, production-level code.
- Experience working with large relational, NoSQL, or Graph databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team.
We Care About Benefits Too.
We support our colleagues’ wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations.
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.