The Data Science and AI/ML team collaborates across the organization to identify, develop and deliver Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) powered software solutions that improve patient outcomes, delight our partners and customers, and improve the way we do business in an “AI First” fashion. On any given day, the team could be working on building sophisticated models to delivering personalized recommendations to patients to improve their sleep, identify optimal equipment and settings using our unparalleled store of billion+ nights of sleep data, proactively identify other health risk factors, or help optimize complex, global supply chain operations.
The Data Scientist will undertake applied research and development in the areas of data science and biomedical informatics, and outcomes research, using the latest technologies in machine learning and distributed computing. The platform and algorithms developed may be used in a range of diagnostic and therapeutic applications, such as sleep disorder breathing, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, and other respiratory disorders, as well as co-morbidities such as congestive heart failure and diabetes and chronic disease management.
Let's Talk Responsibilities
- Research, customization, and development of statistical and machine learning algorithms to meet complex project requirements; tasks include defining hypotheses, executing necessary tests and experiments, evaluating, tuning and optimizing algorithms and methods to specific situations.
- Analysis of big data for data-driven solution validation, evaluation and technology innovation.
- Optimize data analysis processes and systems for better efficiency and maintainability.
- Writing of documents that clearly explain how algorithms should be implemented, verified and validated.
- Writing documents for use in the preparation of intellectual property and technical publications.
- Monitoring the literature of interest and industrial development trends, broadly in the areas of data analysis and machine learning.
- Understanding regulatory requirements, such as those mandated by the FDA.
- Working within the ResMed Quality system, standards and maintaining training requirements.
- Being ever mindful of the requirements of the wider market and ResMed stakeholders.
Let's Talk Qualifications And Experience
- Experience in statistical analysis methods, including analysis of variance, regression, time series analysis, survival analysis, etc.
- Knowledge in machine learning fundamental theories and data mining technologies.
- Solid foundation with development of data analytics systems, including data exploration/crawling, feature engineering, model building, performance evaluation, and online deployment of models.
- Experience with server-side programming in Python/Java.
- Hands-on experience in handling large and distributed datasets on Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig or Storm, etc.
- Strong database skills and experience, including experience with SQL programming and AWS experience would be great.
- Knowledge in big data technologies including cloud computing/distributed computing, data fusion, and data visualization.
- A background in or exposure to biomedical engineering, outcomes research, medical science or physiology.
- Optimization of algorithm complexity vs. accuracy vs. implementation cost.
- Implementing robust software for use in research programs with a minimum of review and other formal process
- 1+ years’ industry or academic experience in data science.
- Post-graduate research experience (Masters or PhD) in a field encompassing Data Science, Applied Statistics, Biomedical Informatics, or Outcomes Research.
Let’s Talk About What You Can Expect
- A supportive environment that focuses on people development and best practices
- Opportunity to design, influence and be innovative
- Work with global teams and share new ideas
- Be supported both inside and outside of the work environment
- The opportunity to build something meaningful and see a direct positive impact on people’s lives
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!