As the world-leading connected health company, leveraging big data to derive actionable insights in support of better clinical outcomes for patients and business outcomes for our partners is a critical component of our core strategy. This position will partner with the data science and analyst teams to build the systems and capabilities to discover these insights and deliver them in impactful ways.
We are looking to expand our team, with a savvy Senior/Lead Data Engineer within ResMed’s Analytics team. Your role will be crucial for us: You will partner with cross-functional teams and work backward from business requirements to deliver scalable solutions that enable self-service and accelerate access to insights. The Senior/Lead Data Engineer will support our architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will play a key role in developing, constructing, testing, and maintaining data on the AWS platform and downstream Data engineering to enable AI/ML across DHT.
Let’s Talk About Responsibilities
- Build and/or lead the creation and maintenance of optimal data pipeline architectures.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and enable successful data solutions by leveraging best practices.
- Partnering effectively with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Participate and provide Proof of Concepts (POCs) to demonstrate proposed solutions
- Enable team members in the data engineering space through training, culture, and team building.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
Let’s Talk About Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor/Master/Engineering degree in IT / Computer Science/ software engineering or relevant field
- 12+ years of total experience in a complex, technical environment
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional level
- Advanced working SQL and python knowledge and experience
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets, preferably on AWS data lake.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience leading, supporting, and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
This is a permanent role for a candidate based in Singapore.
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!