This position plays a leadership role in the software development department where you will oversee the day-to-day activities of the scrum development teams as well as the management and execution of the site/software projects.
You will also be in charge of maintaining a best-in-class software engineering department of 15-20 engineers spread across 3 teams. You will also play a key role in coordinating and wiring up the build, deploy and release process using our suite of DevOps tools.
- Recruitment / staffing of software development scrum teams
- Mentoring, providing technical guidance and staff development of team members
- Ensure quality by making sure the software development team abides to the coding standards and quality gates (unit test passing rate and code coverage)
- Key contributor for the technology roadmap, architecture and practices.
- Implement good DevOps practices to provide consistency and reliability of each deployment
Knowledge and Skills
- 7 – 10 years of work experience in software development with at least 2 – 3 years leading a team of developers.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum development teams and preferably scrum master certified.
- Good understanding of at least one of the following OO programming languages (Java spring boot or C# .Net)
- Good understanding of relational databases preferably on MS SQL
- Experienced working with microservices architecture and the tools used to enable it.
- Expert understanding of DevOps practices with implementation experience on at least one DevOps tool preferably on Jenkins and/or Octopus
- Good understanding of containerization and tools such as Docker and Kurbenetes is a bonus