What We Offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices. We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering accurate and timely analytical and statistical support to the business
- Working with large sets of data and establishing accurate and scalable analytics systems across varied applications
- Identifying what data is available and relevant, including both internal and external data sources
- Leveraging new data collection processes such as geospatial data
- Maintaining a high-quality database of structured and unstructured maritime data as the foundation for analysis and insights
- Working with the RightShip product and customer teams to provide efficient data cuts to generate: business understanding; data understanding; data preparation; modelling and evaluation; visualisation
- Collaborating with internal and external subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information for the business
- Leveraging data to bring life to new products and optimise RightShip’s customised safety score algorithm
- Leading discovery processes with key stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes
- Working with the business to determine new products of interest
What does Success Look Like?
You will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or other related field
- Prior experience using predictive modelling algorithms and statistics, for example GLMs, smoothing techniques and decision trees such as C5.0 and / or Random Forests
- Knowledge and experience of typical data preparation techniques used in the context of machine learning and statistical analysis
- A solid understanding of the Risk Management Process
- Knowledge of programming languages widely used in statistics / computation such as R and Python.
- Proficiency in SQL and knowledge of database and data warehouse design
- Understanding of text mining an advantage
- Prior experience using PowerBI and/or Tableau an advantage
- An understanding of Agile philosophy and prior experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of software, in particular MS Excel
- Strong time management skills with the ability to reconcile multiple conflicting deadlines
- The ability to develop, build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Flexibility to undertake a range of complex tasks and work hours necessary to meet business objectives
- A personal commitment to improved safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this role.