As we continue to grow we are now looking for exceptional talent to join our Solution Engineering team specifically working on our Platform offering, App Cloud. At Salesforce our Solution Engineers are responsible for designing solutions that will address and resolve a customer's business issues, while evoking confidence in our products & platform and removing all technical objections in the sales cycle. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of how our technology can solve business issues, and possess a consultative sale. The App Cloud Solution Engineer will act as a Cloud Computing and Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) evangelist to customers, prospects and internal teams. They will be comfortable discussing and finding solutions to business and IT challenges at a Strategic, Operational and Tactical level, and will understand the transformational potential of Cloud Computing in terms of technical and business capability. You will also be able to tie this into broader trends in Computing such as the move to Social, Mobile & Open technologies and architectures.
The ideal candidate will have a broad business and technology background and will have a strong understanding of IT Infrastructure, Governance, Security, Integration and Development. You will use a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and Salesforce.com solution fit. They will deliver product and best practices demonstrations and information sessions on how Salesforce products and platform fit into an Enterprise IT Architecture.
What’s in it for you:
- Best in class training and boot camp from our global teams
- Outstanding benefits including Comprehensive Health Insurance, iPhone and iPad, Continuing Education budget
- Flexible work environment
- Clear pathways for career development
- Work with Account Teams to develop and execute on the best sales strategy for opportunities
- Advise CIO/CTO/CXO level contacts, their departments, and IT teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
- Present Salesforce technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company’s PaaS infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
- Understand the customer needs, establish salesforce leadership, and demonstrate the Salesforce Platform products as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
- Work closely with other elements of Salesforce e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Willing and able to travel
- Ability to think strategically and to advise companies on opportunities to transform their organizations based on cloud computing innovations
- Capacity to track many industry and internal information sources and stay current on the latest in changing technologies. Synthesize and share innovation insights
- A good understanding of the architectural principals of web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers.
- Understanding of cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- A good understanding of enterprise application integration, including microservices, streaming, SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management.
- Familiarity with evolving serverless and PAAS solutions such as Azure, AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud, IBM BlueMix
- A good understanding of database fundamentals (relational modelling, SQL, PLSQL, as well as NoSQL technologies)
- Skills in Analytics, Master Data Management, or Website development (e.g. Vignette/OpenText, Adobe etc) would be of interest.
- A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications – e.g. SSO, oAuth, SAML, LDAP, etc.
- Principals of network, application and information security
- Minimum 5 years Sales/Solution Engineering or equivalent experience (IT, product management, consulting, etc.) with position offered commensurate to experience and skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment
Salesforce.com is the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate–and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and #1 on BRWs Best Places to Work Singapore list. Our more human, less corporate culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success. Ready to find your #dreamjob?