We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer with Database Administration experience in Infrastructure Engineering for our global team. The Infrastructure Engineering team is a fast-paced, dynamic, global team delivering and supporting technology infrastructure to meet the substantial growth needs of the business and is essential to deployment of all new equipment and upgrades to hardware and software. In this role, you will collaborate with other Systems, Network, Database and Storage Engineers in delivering innovative solutions in an agile, dynamic environment. Key to this position will be an innovative mindset and a focus on operational excellence and automation in a secure, high-performance, highly available (99.999%) and fully resilient infrastructure across multiple data centers.
Some attributes of successful candidates
- Excited by running and supporting reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware and providing a robust monitoring and management framework for these services, using software development as the primary vehicle
- Experience deploying and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple data centers
- Operated distributed platforms that define cloud-scale infrastructure
- Worked directly with and within the team in building and deploying highly available, robust, resilient, secure and supportable RDBMS solutions
- Resolved complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve Database availability, resilience and performance.
- Passionate about automation and avoid doing things manually.
- Created, maintained and shared technical documentations used by engineers and other team members.
- May be required to define requirements for, and/or write/test custom tools to handle Database automation tasks (installation, configuration, monitoring, etc).
- Experience in distributed systems deployment and management.
- Experience with cloud technologies: Kubernetes, Puppet, Docker, Spinnaker, Terraform, Jenkins, Git, Helm
- Software engineering - source control, continuous integration, test-driven development.
- Experience with software based compute infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack.
- Experience in Python, Golang, Java or other languages.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Oracle DBA with software development experience - Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Data Guard, ASM
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical distributed systems service, including supporting Production Infrastructure with 24x7x365 On-Call responsibilities.
- Solid understanding of how to configure, deploy, manage and maintain large cloud hosted systems; including auto-scaling, metrics & monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery.
- Experience delivering on strategic initiatives effectively in a fast paced environment while supporting day-to-day issues.
- Desired Skills
- Experience with building and managing Continuous Integration (CI) environments and servers.
- Knowledge of metrics & monitoring (e.g., Splunk, Nagios etc.) and configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience supporting business-critical production database systems.
- Experience in following areas:
- DB installation, upgrade.
- RMAN backups and restores.
- Oracle 19c RAC, and Clusterware.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Experience or Knowledge in Postgres.
- Experience in writing unit and functional tests to build solid test coverage.
- Agile development experience.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, agile team environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to work proactively.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com
do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com
will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com
Salesforce welcomes all.