To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce is searching for a high-level network engineer (Senior/Lead/Principal) to join Salesforce's Global Network Operations (GNO) team—the team responsible for the maintenance, upkeep, and improvement of Salesforce's global production networks. As a GNO engineer, you'll take on hardware/software lifecycle management, network monitoring improvements, and network hygiene and standardization. When outages happen (despite your best efforts), you'll mitigate impact, identify the root cause, and implement the necessary safeguards to minimize future incidents.
As a senior engineer, you'll be responsible for pushing our network forward through design recommendations, comprehensive automation, and collaborative incident retrospectives. And you'll be equally accountable for mentoring the engineers around you to deliver the same results.
- Ensure all network issues are resolved in a timely manner with minimal impact to customers.
- Perform high-level troubleshooting and analysis to determine the root cause of network outages and implement workarounds and/or permanent solutions.
- Isolate hardware and software problems on network devices and work with vendors to resolve issues as necessary.
- Perform break/fix maintenance, such as RMAs, routing changes/traffic engineering, DDoS mitigation, etc.
- Perform proactive network maintenance, such as code upgrades, hardware refreshes, config updates, peering/transit turn ups, and cleanup/decoms.
- Work collaboratively with engineering teams to identify ways in which we can proactively improve the stability of the network and decrease potential for future outages.
- Provide third-line customer support and technical expertise for network-related issues.
- Communicate complex and challenging technical issues to diverse audiences.
- Drive service ownership for the Network Cloud; assist in efforts to streamline problem and change management processes, improve alerting and incident handling, and increase automation.
- High-level proficiency and experience with TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies, such as MPLS, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, DNS, HTTP, etc.
- High-level proficiency with Cisco and Juniper router and switch hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in scripting/programming/software development in one or more high-level programming languages (Python, Go, Ruby, Perl, etc).
- Familiarity with public cloud environments (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience deploying and managing large-scale distributed network environments.
- Knowledge of firewalls and access-list configuration and troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge and experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with performance analysis, systems software, and systems architecture.
- Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands on empirical monitoring and data-driven decision making.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving and ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly, while successfully handling multiple priorities.
- Must work well as part of a team in a high-energy environment; must possess good written and verbal communication skills, and good time-management abilities.
- Proficiency and experience with hardware and software load balancing, especially with F5 load balancers.
- Mastery of packet analysis, network analysis tools, and analytical fault diagnosis.
- Experience with designing and developing software to manage networks.
- Experience with deploying customizing, and scaling network monitoring solutions.
- A belief that network engineering is equal parts networking, software, and service skills—and a desire to continually improve our capacity to deliver all three.
- Participation in an on-call rotation designed to provide third-level network engineering support on the weekends (our follow-the-sun support model provides adequate coverage during the week).
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.