The Service Cloud Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting our Service and Support product offerings (the Service Cloud) and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers based on a customer’s specific business requirements. The successful candidate should bring experience that establishes credibility and maintain a presence / delivery that is confident and assured. The primary goal of our team members is to remove all technical objections related to Service Cloud in the sales cycle.
To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
The Solution Engineer will develop and manage programs designed to accelerate the growth of the Service Cloud business in Asia. As such, the Service Cloud Solution Engineer will collaborate on cross functional initiatives and with other international teams to move the business forward.
- Evangelizing Service Cloud value to customers (including c-level execs and IT) and field teams;
- Business requirements assessment and delivery of findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable;
- Development of a technical sales strategy;
- Configuring and effectively demonstrating our solutions in a way that closely reflects each customer’s business (tailored demonstrations);
- Discussing and proposing solution architecture that includes common call center infrastructure integration, back-office system integration, and workflow process definition;
- Working well in a matrix organization, including AE field sales, SE service executives and implementation partners;
- Execute enablement activities (Webinars, Best Practices, Knowledge Share, etc.)
- The Service Cloud Solution Engineer works closely with Field Sales teams and Service Cloud Account Executives, their peers, and product management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer.
- Deep functional understanding of call centre/contact centre operations and processes
- Curiosity and energy – ability to understand the customer’s true pain points and apply our
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied environments
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding team environment, understand and be responsive solutions creatively to establish a differentiated architecture and solution
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer/Architect for a CRM company or similar technology Ability to travel (up to 50% depending on location and assigned teams)
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database and web technology
- Application configuration experience (applied understanding of setups / configuration of to customer needs, work under tight deadlines, work independently, and a willingness to take ownership of problems Contact Center related technology CRM solutions)
- Understanding of the Service Cloud product suite and platform
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies is an advantage
- Workflow / BPM / integration experience
- Past experience with one or more of the following CRM solutions: RightNOW, Microsoft, Siebel, Oracle on Demand, SAP, Pegasystems, Kana, ServiceNow
- Contact or call center-based applications experience is beneficial (Remedy, Clarify, Vantive, Aspect, Gensys, Avaya, Cisco, Interactive Intelligence, Verint, NICE)
- Field-service applications experience is nice to have (Oracle, SAP, Clicksoftware, ServiceMax, TOA)
- Back-office / ERP system understanding – order management, accounts receivable / payables, collections, contracts (service), installed base
- Experience working with a J2EE architecture: Java, XML, JSP, HTML, and SQL
- Experience with relational databases including Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com
do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com
will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com
Salesforce welcomes all.