To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Salesforce is seeking an engineering candidate to join the Site Reliability organisation in Singapore. Working closely with counterparts in the Infrastructure and R&D organisations, this organisation provides a global team of engineers monitoring cloud service availability and ready to swiftly repair any service-impacting issues. Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, in a follow-the-sun model, the Site Reliability team keeps the Salesforce cloud and our customers protected. As a member of the Site Reliability team, you will be responsible for the primary task of detecting and resolving incidents within minutes. This objective is met by monitoring the services, reacting to problems, and proactively addressing issues before they affect performance or availability.
When not fighting fires, the team is responsible for fire prevention through monitoring, automation, self-healing and resiliency initiatives, destructive testing, and game day exercises. The incumbent in this role would demonstrate a strong focus on tactical operations, as well as large-scale production engineering and orchestration.
- Keep the customer-facing services available at top performance by maintaining the constant health of the supporting systems.
- Incident management - Act in key support roles during major incidents e.g. Sev0, Sev1. Also, participate in the technical review of the incident for problem management
- Problem Management - populate and participate in RCAs and hand them off to the Global Solutions team
- Ensuring that work carried out by the Site Reliability team is executed in such a way as to comply with the company’s internal compliance policy and directives
- Being available to discuss and resolve technical issues and escalations with other technical staff as required
- Work with and lead other members of the team in staying on top of key industry innovation and technology, and assist in team development growth
- Identifying work opportunities and preparing or assisting with the preparation of technical proposals as required
- Ability to operate in the high-pressure environment and troubleshoot complex issues quickly successfully handle multiple priorities
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment
- Systems engineering experience in enterprise scale internet service engineering or support role
- Experience in container based architectures: Docker/ Kubernetes etc.
- Experience in support of distributed systems, with strong Linux/UNIX knowledge and significant exposure to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale Internet service architectures (DNS, HTTP, Load Balancing, ...)
- Experience in some of the following programming languages: Python/Java/C++, good knowledge of BASH scripting.
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Past experience in Incident Management and good understanding of ITIL service operations
- Experience in a role with hands on complex Technical Problem Solving and troubleshooting
- Experience in working in a 24/7 team managing large data centres
- Be curious and ask questions
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering plus relevant job-related experience
- Python certification
- Red Hat Certification
- Prior Chef/Puppet or automated deployment experience
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.