What is a Solution Engineer?
Also known as a “Presales Consultant”, “Sales Consultant”, or “Sales Engineer” the Solution Engineer is responsible for owning the solutioning throughout the sales cycle and delivering thought leadership to companies to transform their customer’s experience. The Solution Engineer is an experienced person who works alongside their colleagues, participates in building our team culture and supports their aligned sales team to create solutions for prospects and customers.
To accomplish this, you should have a strong desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable recommendations. The Solution Engineer will act as a trusted advisor to our customers while aiding the customer’s transformational journey.
- To develop and deliver innovative custom solutions, including solution concepts to key decision makers to address their business issues and needs showing business value
- Coordinate and lead the entire solution cycle through close collaboration with other high performing teams.
- Industry experience, incorporating and developing a point of view based on Salesforce’s solutions.
- To fully understand and clearly articulate the benefits of Salesforce to customers at all levels, examples include; Administration/IT Staff, managers and “C” level executives.
- Present compelling Salesforce & partner solutions while supporting relationships with customers and partners.
- Display initiative, self motivation and deliver high quality results along with meeting all expectations for both internal and external customers.
- Have a strong interest in growing your career and participating in our internal training programs and mentorship initiatives.
- Understanding the unique business requirements of customers within multiple industries and translating/presenting those needs into a compelling vision and roadmap for our customers.
- Track record of solution engineering, consultancy, delivery or training success for a software solution organisation. We are open to a variety of backgrounds for the role.
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication and relationship skills.
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve problems in dynamic, energising environments.
- Inquisitive, practical and passionate about technology and sharing knowledge.
- Likes to be the first to know something and to understand why and how things happen.
- Good at searching out information and experimenting, likes to concentrate on a particular topic and to solve puzzles.
- Good at explaining ideas and finding ways to keep people’s attention.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.