Salesforce is looking for a DevOps/Database engineer from SMTS to Architect level engineers
- We are part of a growing team in CRM Infra cloud that are responsible for measures in Method 3 Data stewardship and Method 5 Availability for CRM infra
- With highly visible and impactful projects
What is Site Switch?
- Key part of Salesforce Business Continuity Plan (e.g. FedRamp compliance)
- Site Reliability only tool for Disaster Recovery i.e. Emergency Site Switch
- Continuous Site Switch program runs every 2 weeks in most months
- In a nutshell, a versatile and multidisciplinary team that enables, transitions and promotes DR to be the new Primary
Our technical challenges to scale:
In order to scale, we need to design, build robust orchestration and monitoring engines to allow SR remediate data center level diameter. You will find yourself working with a group of highly specialized and dedicated engineers. As of today, we are already able to achieve site switching with 100% success rate between 15 to 30 mins for 30+ planned and unplanned site switches YTD.
Our roadmap includes scaling site switch to prepare SR for data center level disaster with ease-of-use tooling. We are working on expanding capability for early detection, monitoring and synthetic tests, self healing tools to improve our current capabilities to remediate outage in primary in the speediest and most reliable manner.
We are looking for creative and innovative engineers who are interested in scaling and orchestrating for a time sensitive and mission critical project. In this role, you will get to learn how the entire stack of SFDC works together which covers DNS, network, security, app server, all type of system of records and distributed systems.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Oracle DBA with software development experience.
- Development skills in Python or Java.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience supporting business-critical production database systems.
- Experience in following areas:
- DB installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, patching and security.
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Data Guard, ASM,PT.
- RMAN backups and restores.
- Supporting critical production databases.
- Strong Oracle troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong with Oracle 19c database software and features
- Experience with Oracle 19c RAC, and Cluster ware
- Experience with OEM and management packs
- Experience in implementing automated tools.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, agile team environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to work proactively.
- Experience or Knowledge in AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Jenkins Frameworks.
- Experience or Knowledge in Postgres
- Some networking knowledge
- Software engineering - source control, continuous integration, test-driven development.
- Experience in writing unit and functional tests to build solid test coverage.
- Agile development experience.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com
do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com
will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com
Salesforce welcomes all.