You will join our world class global presales team as part of SAP Industries & Customer Advisory (ICA) Business Unit covering the Consumer Industries vertical. You will be part of a cross-functional SWAT team covering business development, industry cloud architecture, solution management, services and partner ecosystem for Industry Cloud GTM in the region. The overall mission of the team is to drive the incubation of new Industry Cloud solutions at the customer and pave the way for a successful GTM at mass scale.
SAP Industries & Customer Advisory (ICA) is a key organization within SAP driving Industry Thought Leadership, Innovation, Market Development, Customer Engagement, Value Advisory, and Presales together with teams across SAP, as well as with our customers and partners. Our focus is to drive customer success across all lines of business in 25 industries. ICA has global coverage with teams in all regions.
YOUR FUTURE ROLE
As Industry Cloud Architect, you are a key contributor within a regional cross-functional Industry Cloud SWAT team. You will shape the architecture strategy and technical design of SAP Industry Cloud solutions jointly with our development organization and IBU. At the same time, you will drive co-innovation and support select opportunities with a small set of early customers based on their business strategy and desired outcome. A major focus of your role will be to ensure the customer is successful and referenceable, but also that the solution(s) are successful in the market as they transition to scale.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with the account team to understand customer strategy and requirements to achieve a defined business outcome and derive possible Industry Cloud use cases
- Facilitate the Virtual Account Team (VAT) including Presales, Industry and Value Advisory, IBU and Partners in positioning Industry Cloud as a strategic enabler and getting buy-in on co-innovation initiatives
- Support concrete Industry Cloud opportunities and provide subject matter expertise by addressing questions related to roadmap, architecture and technology
- Support IBU and Product Engineering by feeding back customer requirements and early deployment experience to constantly refine solution strategy, design and architecture
- Collaborate with regional and global teams focused on Industry Cloud to ensure we have the proper demos, prototypes, video assets and enablement in place that will allow SAP to scale the positioning of these offerings in the years to come
- Stay current on SAP roadmap, architecture strategy, customer successes, and value proposition across SAP’s solution portfolio in the respective industry
- Work with customers, colleagues and partners across different time zones in a global role
- Minimum 8 - 10 years in relevant consulting/ presales roles
- Minimum 3 years supporting and leading complex customer engagements (preferably in the Consumer Industries vertical including Consumer Products, Retail)
- Deep knowledge of assigned industry including future trends, business processes and solution capabilities required
- In-depth understanding of SAP strategy, solution portfolio and technology in the assigned industry
- Leadership skills in driving complex customer engagements to define the target state roadmap and architecture in context of value and business outcomes
- Strong presentation and communication skills, combined with an entrepreneurial, creative and innovative mindset
- Self-starter; motivated to learn and problem solve through complex challenges
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.