Technology & Innovation (T&I) is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development such as SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning across SAP’s product portfolio.
SAP AI Foundation is part of SAP’s intelligent technologies portfolio and one of the key drivers of the Intelligent Enterprise. It is our mission to infuse all enterprise applications with machine learning and to empower our customers to make the most of their business data. Our team is located in Germany, France, Singapore, India, and the US and exemplifies a start-up like, innovative work environment.
As a Developer of AI Foundation, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of the machine learning platform team in Singapore. This very dynamic, fun and start-up type of environment provides a huge potential to learn and work on emerging technologies such as Machine Learning, AI, Cloud and Big Data. You will be working together with experienced software engineers and machine learning experts to deliver state-of-the-art intelligent services in our cloud ecosystem.
It is expected that you take full technical ownership for the deliverables of the team, including responsibility for technical and architectural aspects. Your tasks would include:
• Build platform services and tools to support efficient training & serving of machine learning models
• Create excellence in system scalability and efficiency through continuous evaluation, analysis, and refinement of the system implementation
• Work in a diverse team applying agile software development methodology
• Use, extend and implement scalable and fault-tolerant cloud-native systems
• Writing micro-services for orchestrating for machine learning workloads leveraging container and Kubernetes technologies
• Integrate your services in the enterprise systems
• Automating the continuous delivery of our large-scale micro-service software
• Contributing to the Site Reliability Engineering processes.
• 6 to 10 years of experience in Software Development and a bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent education
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, objects-oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded programming, and software design principles
• Proficiency in one or more of languages such as Python, Go, or Java
• Experience with cloud-based application development using Docker & Kubernetes
• Experience in building, deploying & managing CI/CD pipelines through Jenkins across multiple hyperscaler environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure
• Hands-On experience with version control tools such as Github, Bitbucket
• Experience in RESTful implementation, micro-service architectures, and container patterns
• In-Depth understanding of System Design & Software Architecture
• Experience with database systems
• Practice of Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Hands-on experience in Bash Scripting and operational knowledge of Linux distributions such as SUSE, Ubuntu
• Strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Drive Engagement across Architecture, Implementation, Testing, and Delivery of the Product
• Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting release timelines
• Excellent written and communication skills in English language
• Knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals
• An understanding of how to apply Machine Learning libraries to Train and Serve a ML Model
• Experience working on data ingestion & big data technologies
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.