Technology & Innovation (T&I) is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development such as SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning across SAP’s product portfolio.
SAP AI Foundation is part of SAP’s intelligent technologies portfolio and one of the key drivers of the Intelligent Enterprise. It is our mission to infuse all enterprise applications with machine learning and to empower our customers to make the most of their business data. Our team is located in Germany, France, Singapore, India, and the US and exemplifies a start-up like, innovative work environment.
As a Developer of AI Foundation, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of the machine learning platform team in Singapore. This very dynamic, fun and start-up type of environment provides a huge potential to learn and work on emerging technologies such as Machine Learning, AI, Cloud and Big Data. You will be working together with experienced software engineers and machine learning experts to deliver state-of-the-art intelligent services in our cloud ecosystem.
Your Tasks Would Include
It is expected that you take full technical ownership for the deliverables of the team, including responsibility for technical development and architectural aspects.
- Build platform services and tools to support efficient training & serving of machine learning models
- Create excellence in system scalability and efficiency through continuous evaluation, analysis, and refinement of the system implementation
- Work in a diverse team applying agile software development methodology
- Use, extend and implement scalable and fault-tolerant cloud-native systems
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain micro-services for orchestrating for machine learning workloads leveraging container and Kubernetes technologies
- Identify, compare and decide on the solution alternatives, considering both technical and business aspects
- Leverage on the open-source technologies and integrate your services with the enterprise systems
- Contributing to the Site Reliability Engineering processes and troubleshoot technical problems of our customers
- A bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent education
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, objects-oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded programming, and software design principles
- Proficiency in one or more of languages such as Python, Go, or Java
- Experience with cloud-based application development using Docker & Kubernetes
- Hands-On experience with version control tools such as Github, Bitbucket
- Experience in RESTful implementation, micro-service architecture, and cloud patterns
- In-Depth understanding of System Design & Software Architecture
- Experience with database systems
- Practice of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Hands-on experience in Bash Scripting and operational knowledge of Linux distributions such as SUSE, Ubuntu
- Strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive Engagement across Architecture, Implementation, Testing, and Delivery of the Product
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting release timelines
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals
- An understanding of how to apply Machine Learning libraries to Train and Serve a ML Model
- Experience working on data ingestion & big data technologies
- Understanding of Kubeflow, ML Flow, Argo
- Basic knowledge on AWS Sagemaker, Azure Machine Learning, GCP Vertex AI
- 8-12 years in the related field with minimum 2 years' experience in the architecture and solution implementation
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:306117 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time