- We provide Data Security research activities for Seagate's advanced digital storage solutions that will meet the needs of customers and tomorrow's applications. Through our technology research and development, our innovation helps to safeguard and maximize the potential of digital content in an ever-evolving, on-demand world.
About The Role - You Will
- Involve in Cryptographic algorithms and application.
- Work on Privacy Preserving technologies and architecture.
- Focus on intersection of privacy, security, compute, and storage solutions.
- Develop methods to secure data, generate new ideas, invent protocols/algorithms, and develop proof-of-concepts.
- Document current and future security architectures for different Use-Cases.
- Successful Data Security Engineer has excellent breadth and depth of technical capabilities, and work effectively within a highly dynamic and capable team in an advanced technology environment.
- Self-motivated, ability to study a functional area in depth and be able to apply new knowledge effectively.
- Teamwork is a core competency at Seagate, so individual must be able to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of subject matter experts, engineers and researchers spanning Seagate worldwide sites.
- Identity specific projects, develop prototypes, demonstrate solutions, and contribute to delivery.
- Provide guidance for future Seagate products or Reference Architectures.
- Participate in industry collaborations and standards organizations.
- Ability to present to customers and suppliers.
Your Experience Includes
- Demonstrated programming capabilities in one or more languages such as C, C++, Python, Go.
- Knowledge and experience working with Cryptographic algorithms and Privacy Preserving technologies.
- Developing proof-of-concepts and demonstrating solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Shugart site (named after Seagate's founder, Al Shugart) is a research and design center. Easily accessible from the One-North MRT station, many employees choose to take mass-transportation to work. Ample free on-site parking is also available. Being a purpose built building, The Shugart has excellent employee recreational facilities. Take an active break at our badminton courts, table tennis tables, in-house gym and recreation rooms. Our yogo and zumba classes are very popular. We also offer classes and interest groups in photography, gardening and foreign languages, and have various on-site celebrations, and community volunteer opportunities.
Location: Shugart, Singapore