We are hiring trained scientists that are motivated and self-driven. We love people who are passionate and who like working in a fast-paced startup. And we mean it, like seriously mean it!
Sentient’s AIaaS is a platform created to help software developers easily and quickly discover and embed AI algorithms in their applications. There is no need to provision compute or data storage infrastructure to run these complex algorithms, they all run as-a-service, users only pay for usage. This in turn reduces development effort, shortens time-to-market and allows developers to focus on what truly matters, that is to deliver great technology solutions to their end-users.
Many different types of industry specific AI algorithms have been provisioned, including digital assistants for retail and travel, inventory optimization, credit scoring, and so on. Many more are being added weekly!
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist at Sentient.io, you will:
- Implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- Source for different types of available data sets and combine them with company available data to create commercially valuable IP.
- Incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques such as logistic regression, experimental design, generalized linear models, mixed modeling, CHAID/decision trees, neural networks and ensemble models.
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- Leverage cutting edge cloud tools such as BigQuery, Google Cloud DataFlow, Google Cloud Dataproc, etc..
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
Who You Are:
- You are a driven individual who is great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Python.
- You are able to communicate mathematical concepts clearly and simply to a layman audience
- You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking and Agile Development Methodologies
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the field.
- Strong grasp of statistics and machine learning techniques.
- Experience in logistics, finance or retail industry will be an advantage
- Programming: Python
- Databases: SQL
- Libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Scipy, Scikit-learn, Networkx, Apache SPARK, Apache Hadoop, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Prior experience with enterprise/big data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop) and designing data pipelines would be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering (git, devops processes, etc.) and REST APIs would be preferred.