The Application Engineer is an individual contributor tasked to design, develop and install high-quality, innovative and fully performing software solutions in compliance with coding standards and in accordance with required business and technical design.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write well-designed, efficient and testable code
- Integrate and implement security and data protection features
- Integrate software components into fully functional software systems
- Develop software specific verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, relevant processes and metrics
- Stay abreast with industry standards and practices while adhering to project plans
ARCHETYPES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Excellent technical and programming skills.
- Possesses mastery in software engineering and code versioning tools such as Github.
- Strong linguistic and communication skills in both written and spoken English. Other languages would be a plus.
- A meticulous self starter who is hungry to learn new skill sets.
TECHNICAL SKILL SETS SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS
- Software development related tools: Python, Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, and/or Webservices (Google Cloud Platform, Rest, and SOAP)
- Application development/management related tools: Google Kubernetes Engine, Docker
- Storage/Database management related tools: NoSQL, MySQL
- Versioning tools: Github
- Other technical knowledge: Nodejs, Linux/Unix Systems, Sockets, Axois, VueJs, JSON, API