The Solution Architect / Technical Lead is an individual contributor tasked to conceptualise and design innovative software solutions utilising both Sentient.io and/or 3rd products to meet clients’ business and technical requirements. This role also requires the individual to provide technical leadership to developers to build and install the software solution in compliance with coding and security standards and in accordance with required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with clients to gather their business and technical requirements
- Analyse, conceptualise, design and implement low-latency, high-availability performance applications for clients and/or Sentient.io
- Lead a small team of Application Engineers and oversee the full lifecycle software development to deliver projects.
- Must be able to write well-designed, efficient and testable code
- Integrate software components into fully functional software systems with appropriate security and data protection features
- Develop software specific verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, relevant processes and metrics
- Serve as the subject matter expert for and support developed work / products
- Stay abreast with industry standards and practices while adhering to project plans
ARCHETYPES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Good tertiary education in Computer Science, Engineering and/or related fields
- Proven work experience as a Solution Architect and Technical Team Lead
- Track record in test-driven development, unit testing, debugging, software development methodologies and release processes
- Extensive hands-on experience in full stack development and deployment of software on-premise and on major cloud providers like GCP, AWS, Azure etc.
- Excellent technical and programming skills are a must.
- Possesses mastery in software engineering and code versioning tools such as Github.
- Strong linguistic skills in both written and spoken English. Other languages would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack to connect and interface with stakeholders across all levels.
- A meticulous self starter who is exceptionally organized
- Prior experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and/or Big Data would be an advantage.
TECHNICAL SKILL SETS SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS
- Software development related tools: Python, Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, and/or Webservices (Google Cloud Platform, Rest, and SOAP)
- Application development/management related tools: Google Kubernetes Engine, Docker
- Storage/Database management related tools: NoSQL, MySQL
- Versioning tools: Github
- Other technical knowledge: Nodejs, Linux/Unix Systems, Sockets, Axois, VueJs, JSON, API