Are you a highly skilled software developer? If so, we have some exciting news for you. Sentient.io has created an AI and Data Platform that helps developers build AI-enabled applications faster by offering many ready-to-use APIs as hosted services. We are on a mission to bring AI to companies and software developers worldwide, which means this is your chance to be part of something truly special! Join us in this incredibly exciting journey today!
As a Technical Lead, you will be leading a team of talented software developers helping companies and other softwares use our API services such as Sentiment Analysis, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Image Recognition, Speech Recognition and more with just one line of code – no need for any machine learning expertise or data science knowledge required! This means you are helping software developers like yourself focus on building great apps instead of spending time cleaning up messy datasets and struggling with complicated algorithms. It doesn’t get much better than that does it? So what are you waiting for? Join us today!
The Technical Lead is an individual contributor tasked to conceptualise and design innovative software solutions utilising both Sentient.io and/or 3rd products to meet clients’ business and technical requirements. This role also requires the individual to provide technical leadership to developers to build and install the software solution in compliance with coding and security standards and in accordance with required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with clients to gather their business and technical requirements
- Analyse, conceptualise, design and implement low-latency, high-availability performance applications for clients and/or Sentient.io
- Lead a team of software developers and oversee the full lifecycle software development to deliver projects.
- Must be able to write well-designed, efficient and testable code
- Integrate software components into fully functional software systems with appropriate security and data protection features
- Develop software specific verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, relevant processes and metrics
- Serve as the subject matter expert for and support developed work / products
- Stay abreast with industry standards and practices while adhering to project plans
ARCHETYPES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Excellent technical and programming skills, and proven work experience as a Technical Team Lead is a must
- Extensive hands-on experience in full stack development and deployment of software on-premise and on major cloud providers like GCP, AWS, Azure etc.
- Track record in test-driven development, unit testing, debugging, software development methodologies and release processes
- Possesses mastery in software engineering and code versioning tools such as Github.
- Strong linguistic skills in both written and spoken English. Other languages would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack to connect and interface with stakeholders across all levels.
- A meticulous self starter who is exceptionally organized
- Prior working experience with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and/or Data Analytics in a Startup, Consultancy, Product or SI company with some client facing and managerial experience is preferred
- Good tertiary education in Computer Science, Engineering and/or related fields
TECHNICAL SKILL SETS SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS
- Programming Languages and related technology: Python, Java, J2EE, Spring, Nodejs, Linux/Unix Systems, Sockets, Axois, Vue 2/3, Typescript, JSON, API, Hibernate, and/or Webservices (Google Cloud Platform, Rest, and SOAP)
- Storage/Database management related tools: NoSQL, MySQL,
- Versioning tools: Github
- Other technical knowledge: Linux/Unix Systems, Sockets, REST API