As a Big Data Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the blueprint of Sentosa’s enterprise data lake to support data analytics and AI workstreams and projects. This role will work closely and collaboratively with members of the Data Analytics and AI team, IT and Business Stakeholders to understand key business requirements and design the data and analytics platform architecture to support the integration, data mining and analysis of data from a variety of sources. The data platform will also support the continuous deployment of data analytics products in support of the business analytics needs from key business teams.
Our Big Data Architect would be immersed in the dynamic hospitality and service business in the Sentosa precinct and be a proponent of solutions powered by data to create new value propositions
- Design and oversee the implementation of the enterprise data lake architecture and analytics platform.
- Develop strategy to support data integration of new data sources and developed data analytics applications with partners or operational systems including data acquisitions and data partnerships.
- Establish system standards, data integrity and protection compliance with policies and legal requirements.
- Ensure architecture design is compliant to whole of government (WOG) data governance processes and policies and leverage WOG tools and platforms for synergies to meet evolving business needs
- Work in a collaborative agile environment with IT, data analysts, and data scientists to solve business problems and deliver new value through the use of data
- Develop and guide DataOps practices such as data profiling, data testing automation, automating deployment of new data pipelines and analytics - to ensure high quality and improve time to delivery
- Lead projects with industry partner industry partners or institute of higher learning for technical collaboration/delivery of project outcomes
- Understand and evaluate technology trends to assess impact on existing data architecture and evolve and modernise architecture as necessary
- Serve as technical subject matter expert in data architecture design
- M.S. or B.S. degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience with Data Architecture, Data Governance and data platforms management.
- Experienced in design and leading implementation of data systems design, reliability, performance tuning and testing of complex end-to-end Big Data applications processing large volumes of data in cloud and on-premise environments.
- In-depth understanding of Cloud and Big data technologies to drive transformation of data infrastructure to deliver key business capabilities.
- Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills and ability to evangelise key data enterprise architecture design principles to key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Data-Ops processes and infrastructure as code principles
- Superior and proactive communicator, proven team player and ability to provide mentorship as needed.
- Aptitude of working on multiple projects in parallel.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.