Sephora Digital SEA is seeking an experienced Android App Developer. As an Android App Developer, you will be responsible for end-to-end development of Sephora’s new Android Mobile App for SEA markets. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a pivotal project since early stage.
You will be directly involved in setting the foundations for the Android App in the concept-definition stage and have the chance to drive innovation through close collaboration with other Teams (UX/UI Design, Product, Marketing). The position will be based in Singapore.
You will shine here if you enjoy…
- Participate in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for the Android Application
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and implement new features
- Integrate with backend APIs and external data sources
- Develop with strong testing culture with both unit and integration tests
- Work with project stakeholders to develop automated Acceptance tests
- Optimize for availability, performance and memory management
- Be responsible for delivering project milestones
- Continuously discover, evaluate, propose and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Embrace and add value to a team that practices Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration
- pipeline, Agile development framework, manual and automated peer reviews.
We would love to hear from you if…
- Passionate about mobile technologies and using them to drive the business forward
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Android development
- Previous experience in developing e-commerce Mobile Apps highly preferred
- Strong technology background, well-versed with mobile architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Extensive knowledge of Java programming language, Android SDK, JSON, XML, REST
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience working with remote data via REST & JSON
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience in Kotlin Multi-Platform/Backend development is a strong advantage
- UI optimization for multiple screens
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people: You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning: We invest heavily in training for our leaders and store associates. Not just product knowledge but building a personalized career plan with you so you continue to evolve and build your skills.
- The culture: As a leading beauty retailer, backed by the LVMH luxury brand, our reach is broad, and our impact is global. Yet there’s always room to explore. It’s in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty. You can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart. This is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora.
When joining Sephora, you join the fastest growing and most innovative omnichannel retailer in South East Asia. As part of LVMH, (www.lvmh.com/group), we provide an unparalleled combination of resources, scale, and autonomy to our employees.
Sephora SEA was created through the combination of the Sephora's retail business in South East Asia and Luxola, a Singaporean start-up that broke new frontiers in ecommerce regionally. We proudly maintain an entrepreneurial and technology-focused culture, with all our capabilities built in-house – a rarity in this region.
The data is definitive: diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek to hire employees of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences. We provide our employees with a unique opportunity to take on senior responsibilities, accelerate their career path, and impact the business of beauty across the world.