Sephora SEA’s Engineering is one of the few standalone engineering teams within LVMH, and thus this represents a unique entry point into a world leading luxury group which is increasingly investing in digital and ecommerce. It’s a unique opportunity and we seek a unique candidate! For an initial conversation please contact us to find out more!
You will be designing features, building clean, highly scalable systems, managing complex integrations for cart and checkout pages for our multi-tenant in-house build e-commerce engine. You make it possible for us to deliver an engaging customer experience to our many fans, and ensure that the online store remains our flagship in South East Asia. Reporting to a Principal Engineer you will work on highly visible, well resourced projects and build products which directly impact our revenue and customer satisfaction - two of our key metrics for success. This is a great platform for an ambitious engineer with excellent technical skills to start a career with Sephora, the leading omni-channel retailer in South East Asia.
You will shine here if you enjoy…
- Optimizing the checkout funnel to reduce abandonment and improve click-through rate
- Building and maintaining a flexible payment backend that supports a variety of global and localized payment methods. Other Checkout related flows like Delivery options, Gifting Options, Gift Cards etc.
- Working as part of the company’s vision, work towards the goal of providing our customers with a seamless omnichannel experience.
- Programming with Ruby on Rails / Vue js / Node and write tests on a daily basis, and have experience with these technologies and tools are desired but not an absolute requirement.
- Learning alongside a passionate technology team, who maintain a highly flexible and innovative environment to make Sephora the most beloved beauty community in Southeast Asia.
We would love to hear from you if you have…
- Technical proficiency and at least 2 years of experience
- Willingness to be involved in end-to-end software development
- Value for core software engineering practices (i.e. Data Structures, Algorithms, Scalability Security, Testing)
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building scalable, adaptable APIs
- Some experience in scrum methodologies and iterative development
- Willingness to achieve and are not afraid of making mistakes along the way and enjoy learning from them
- Team Spirit and are willing to communicate with the other teams in the company (Product Managers, UI / UX Designers, and more importantly fellow engineers locally and abroad)
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people: You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning: We invest heavily in training for our leaders and store associates. Not just product knowledge but building a personalized career plan with you so you continue to evolve and build your skills.
- The culture: As a leading beauty retailer, backed by the LVMH luxury brand, our reach is broad, and our impact is global. Yet there’s always room to explore. It’s in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty. You can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart. This is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora.