ServiceNow is seeking an IT Operations Management (ITOM) specialist with a focus on IT Datacentre technologies, and enterprise architecture initiatives for service modelling, discovery, event management, asset management, cloud automation and orchestration on the ServiceNow platform. The ITOM specialist will provide strategic and technical hands on expertise to support customers with product and solution leadership during pre-sales engagements. The ITOM specialist will participate in the acquisition and retention of customers by utilizing world-class technical pre-sales solution consulting techniques to communicate the power, flexibility, and ease-of-use of IT Operations Management on the ServiceNow SaaS platform.
What You Get To Do In This Role
- Create and contribute to sales campaigns focused on IT Operations Management leveraging IT Datacentre technologies, and enterprise architecture initiatives with ServiceNow applications that focus on service modelling, event management, and discovery.
- Contribute and maintain a showcase of ITOM solutions created on the ServiceNow platform.
- Create and own programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of IT Operations Management on the ServiceNow platform.
- Strong alignment with product management and engineering teams on roadmap and field feedback.
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of Enterprise customer needs and performing pre-demo needs analysis
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
- Demonstrations of the product, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers, both onsite and via Zoom
- Generation of product demo scripts and scenarios and maintaining demonstration environment(s)
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with prospects
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and Proof-of-Value/Proof-of-Concept
- Supporting Marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars etc
- Staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
- Serve as regional team lead to lead practice activities when called upon.
- In conjunction with Sales Personnel and Professional Services, conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments, expectations etc in preparation for deployment
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert at Executive briefings / marketing events
To be successful in this role you have:
- An understanding of enterprise architecture domains
- Experience with integration, automation, and orchestration technologies e.g., Amazon API, VMware automation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible,
- Experience with discovery technologies e.g., Tanium, Tenable, Qualys, ADDM
- Experience with event management platforms e.g., Splunk, Datadog, Dynatrace
- Experience of service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience in storage, network, and compute of enterprise environments
- An understanding or experience with CMDB implementations
- Pre-sales experience, IT Operations Management experience would be advantageous (Tool or process).
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
- Technical or practice team lead in previous roles
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.