We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join a team supporting, debugging and improving the functionality and performance of mission-critical applications and systems. As an Application Support Engineer with us, you’ll have exposure to these systems and more, as you take our products and your career to the next level.
What you will be involved with as an Application Support Engineer at OpenBet:
- Owning and investigating a wide variety of issues at both an application and database level;
- Producing robust, well-written solutions for these issues.
- Effectively communicating investigation status to the key stake holders.
- Deployment of fixes to non-production environments for verification
- Liaising with the development and problem management teams as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Participation in a rota schedule to cover core trading hours.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering improvements to the knowledge base, support processes & tools.
If you are the right Application Support Engineer for us, you'll be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in an application support/development role, with proven record of technical investigation and creating solutions to problems;
- You’ll have solid programming skills in .NET/C#.
- Good experience of MS SQL database including query performance analysis
- Demonstrable experience writing UWP applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly, work independently, manage workload and escalate in timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate Would Also Have The Following Skills/experiences
- Website development skills (HTML, HTML5 and CSS).
- Understanding of Apache Kafka
- Knowledge of Windows IoT or PoS terminal software
- Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience using version control systems (ideally GIT) and CI/CD (ideally Jenkins).
Alongside our market leading benefits; dynamic & vibrant working culture and talented team members - we can offer you:
- We love internal progression! This role will offer a very exciting opportunity to join a new team and make a great impression
- The opportunity to learn new skills and understand a rapidly growing domain
- Guidance and development to progress quickly and enhance your career.