We are looking for an Application Support Lead to managed a team supporting, debugging and improving the functionality and performance of mission-critical applications and systems. As an Application Support Lead with us, you’ll be hands-on with these systems and more, as you take our products and your career to the next level.
What you will be involved with as an Application Support Lead at OpenBet:
- Management of 4-6 Application Support Engineers, responsible for onboarding, performance & career development
- Owning and investigating a wide variety of issues at both an application and database level;
- Producing robust, well-written solutions for these issues.
- Effectively communicating investigation status to the key stakeholders.
- Deployment of fixes to non-production environments for verification
- Liaising with the development and problem management teams as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Participation in a rota schedule to cover core trading hours.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering improvements to the knowledge base, support processes & tools.
If you are the right Application Support Engineer for us, you'll be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in an application support/development role, with proven record of technical investigation and creating solutions to problems;
- You’ll have solid programming skills in .NET/C#.
- Good experience of MS SQL database including query performance analysis and administration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly, work independently, manage workload and escalate in timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate Would Also Have The Following Skills/experiences
- Website development skills (HTML, HTML5 and CSS).
- Understanding of Apache Kafka
- Demonstratable experience developing and supporting UWP applications
- Knowledge of Windows IoT or PoS terminal software
- Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, HTTP, TCP/IP).
- Experience using version control systems (ideally GIT) and CI/CD (ideally Jenkins).
Alongside our market leading benefits; dynamic & vibrant working culture and talented team members - we can offer you:
- We love internal progression! This role will offer a very exciting opportunity to join a new team and show your potential
- The opportunity to learn new skills and understand a rapidly growing domain
- Guidance and development to progress quickly and enhance your career.