SG Digital is looking for a talented Junior Software Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all regulated sports bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
We pride ourselves on technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our systems, used by a huge range of operators including Singapore Pools, William Hill, Ladbrokes, Sportsbet and TAB New Zealand.
Want to be part of our story?
Our customer teams ensure that our global clients, including Singapore Pools, Sportsbet & TAB New Zealand, get the support and ongoing development that keeps their capability at the leading edge of sports betting products.
As a Junior Software Engineer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our products and your career to the next level.
- Develop new features and functionality for high transaction, large scale sports betting systems
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and implement performance improvements
- Designing solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Work to improve overall system architecture and design components to meet those goals
The candidate must have
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university
- Demonstrable talent coding in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++, Python, PHP, Ruby....)
- Ability to learn and be productive with new technologies quickly
It will also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Web technologies and internet protocols (ReST, XML, HTTP, TCP/IP, SOAP, WS-*).
- Relational database technologies (any vendor)
- Scripting skills: Bash, Perl, Python
- Writing and using algorithms and assessing time complexity and performance
- An interest in sports and entertainment
What Can SG Digital Give You
- The opportunity to interact with talented software engineers across global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continue to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
And if that’s not enough, we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.