As a member of Shift Technology’s dev team, part of the greater tech team, your role will be to deliver, maintain, support, and improve new and existing features in our customer products.
More Specifically In This Role You May Work On
- Our fraud detection product (with features such as data visualization, case management, graph exploration..)
- Our claims automation product (with features such as advanced user interaction (chatbot, voice), automated document processing...)
- Internal tools for the dev, data science and research teams
- Helping maintain a high quality design and architecture
- Coaching your fellow junior developers and helping them become better
As a teammate, you will also participate in all of the team's usual activities: of course software development, but also technical design, roadmap planning, estimates, code reviews, etc.
We work with modern technologies and always encourage our team to explore what’s new in the market.
Our Main Tools Are
- C# in the Backend, written with Visual Studio and Resharper
- React/ Redux (es6) and Less in the Frontend, written with Visual Studio Code, and packaged with Webpack
- SQL Server and Elasticsearch in the data layer
- A continuous delivery pipeline that uses Git, Nunit, Teamcity and Octopus Deploy
- > If you are not proficient in one or more of these but like learning new things, don't worry, we will train you !
What We Are Looking For
- You have strong coding skills: whatever your language of choice, your projects are beautifully designed and cleanly written
- You have good understanding of OOP concepts and algorithms complexity
- You have good understanding of distributed data systems
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn, always looking to expand your fields of expertise
- You are proactive and take ownership of your work
- You often come up with new ideas to solve complex problems, and know how to get your teammates behind them
- You want your work to have an impact: rather than a cog, you see yourself as the engine
- You are comfortable dealing with the pressure of delivering an excellent service to our customers
- You can communicate clearly in English
- HR interview
- Interview with one of our developers
- Technical interview with two developers
- Last round interviews with a Manager and our Head of Engineering or CTO
We are currently conducting our recruitment processes fully remote.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria. Shift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.