ShopBack is continuously innovating and enhancing our suite of shopping services and solutions, to bring more value to our shoppers and merchant partners, and we are looking for world-class talent around the globe to be part of our exciting journey. If you are passionate in building and scaling up businesses in this fast-growing landscape, come and join our growing ShopBack team!
- Grow, develop, and manage a team of talented Data Engineers
- Maintain high quality engineering standards
- Develop and deliver high-impact, forward-looking roadmaps for your team
- Help solve cross-team problems at scale and delight internal customers
- Drive vision to build a modern Data Platform at ShopBack
- Communicating fearlessly to build trust with diverse stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and flexibility of the services
- 5+ years of data engineering and data platform experience
- Significant prior success developing and deploying RecSys at scale
- Excellent people manager with a record of recruiting, managing, and retaining talent
- Full stack experience in data platform components
- Robust project management skills, including work estimation, prioritization, planning, tracking, and retrospectives
- Ability to develop ML Product with good engineering practice and mindset
- Strong desire to solve tough problems with scientific rigour at scale
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, etc.
- Strong skills in any programming language like Java, Scala or Python.
- Experience working on both real-time and batch processing data pipelines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or another technical discipline (MS/PhD is a plus)