Database Engineers take care of all database servers in Shopee and help to deliver large scale applications of e-commerce. We are looking for people with a passion for database, programming, and architecture design.
- Responsible for banking database administration and management (capacity planning, installation, backup, recovery, monitoring, security, compliance, optimisations, troubleshooting, etc).
- Support the development team for database designing, creating, optimising and troubleshooting.
- Review existing software architecture and contribute to improve on the future architecture for database stability and a maximum of performance.
- Define and develop projects that reduce database operational costs and automate regular tasks.
- Develop and deliver documentations and training courses of database best practices.
- Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building data persistence systems with high availability and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in information system, information technology, computer science, or related.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language) and relational database high availability and performance tuning.
- 1-3 years of experience as DBA in banking or financial fields.
- Good working experience of at least 1 database technology: SQL Server/PostgreSQL/Oracle/MySQL.
- Extensive experience with programming in at least one of Python/Java/Golang.
- Extensive experience with Linux system operations and Shell scripting.
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin (both written and spoken) to facilitate cross-border discussions and collaborations
Skills Below Are Preferable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Detail oriented, agile, flexible
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Fast learner, willing to learn and work on multiple database techniques
- Effective team player