Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
For a long time, selling globally has been reserved for large marketplaces and retailers. We are changing this with Shopify Markets. Markets enable Shopify merchants to figure out where they should expand their business and give them all the tools they need to create localized market-specific experiences. We announced this product to merchants in Q4 2021 and have had a roaring reception since then.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team as we build a new variant of Shopify Markets that enables fast-growing merchants to grow their international business without any complications of tax compliance or foreign exchange hedging.
This position sits within our Markets Services team focused on simplifying cross-border commerce by building native financial products with our strategic partners. As the Senior PM for this team, you would drive Shopify’s strategy to help some of the largest brands on Shopify to become global businesses. You will closely work with engineering, UX, and data in APAC to align with global product marketing and partnership teams to build cross-border products for this merchant segment.
This role can be based anywhere in Singapore, Japan and India, and will be working closely with our R&D teams in APAC and Canada.
- Drive the product strategy and execution for how fast-growing large brands can expand globally with Shopify Markets
- Work closely with other teams on Shopify Markets, stakeholders across Shopify, and external strategic partners to build, launch and scale an enterprise version of Shopify Markets
- Work closely with marketing and commercial teams to drive Go-to-market strategy and own financial targets for the performance of this product
- At least 4 years of experience in product management roles at high-tech, fintech, payments or SaaS software companies
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done
- Experience owning and driving the building and shipping of complex, SaaS products at scale
- Demonstrated success in building fintech or payments products at scale is a plus
- A love of storytelling
- A genuine excitement for solving merchant problems and a strong sense of empathy for the merchant and their buyers
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers in an agile environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and deliverables
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.