Software Architect drives the architecture and design of data driven solutions on Rail Analytics, especially focusing on the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System (REAMS). He/she is responsible for the overall architecture, solution design, technical guidance and architectural governance of solutions in relation to multiple use cases. He/she needs to translate business requirements into a technical specification easily understandable by the development team.
- Take full ownership of the design, technical guidance, implementation governance and roll out of rail analytics applications in the region.
- Provide guidance to ensure the overall architecture and solutions are sustainable for the longterm while also driving a pragmatic approach to deliver results in phases that is aligned with business value.
- Support the business head on new business initiatives on rail analytics based on existing platforms like REAMS.
- Ramp up and manage the software architecture team. This includes recruitment, assigning of work and performance review of the team.
- Working closely with business analysts, domain experts, data scientists and developers to ensure overall consistency of integration design and development
- Managing System performance optimization, leading fix technological problems, continue to improve the system environment in large scale distributed systems like REAMS
- Partnering closely with product managers, to plan and execute complex technical projects while recommending industrial best practices
- Assessing feasibility and ramifications of new business requirements to existing solutions
- Participating proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices
- Researching and implementing new technologies (e.g. new age datastores, knowledge graph, NLP) which may potentially increase the organization’s competitive advantage
- Management of stakeholder expectations and requirements of projects undertaken
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Degree or above in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on analytics solutions development.
- Interest and passion for big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive);
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Deep knowledge in data science methods (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, time series analysis in time and frequency domain, deep neural networks, time series prediction, Bayesian networks and deep learning in the field of predictive maintenance …).
- Exposure/ experience to tools & Infrastructure such as Jenkins, GITHUB, Eclipse is preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in Predictive Maintenance
- Promote communication and collaboration
- Transfer knowledge to younger data scientists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.