The successful candidate will join the IT Delivery Centre department in SIA Information Technology Division.
Key Responsibilities Include
Agile Engineering Best Practices Education
- Conduct training on Agile engineering practices.
- Teach product teams on Domain modeling.
- Demonstrate the effective usage of agile tools such as SonarQube, Selenium, Jenkins, JIRA, Mocking frameworks in day to day development work.
- Apply emergent design principles in iterative sprint development.
Test Driven Development
- Participate in product teams development work to drive test driven development mindset and adoption.
- Conduct training on XUnit, BDD. Help resolve teething issues on TDD adoption.
- Drive product teams on conversion Acceptance Criteria to solid Unit Test,
- Integration Test and automated functional test.
Drive Clean Code and Refactoring Principles
- Conduct Pair Programming and Mob Programming sessions with Product Teams to educate on agile coding principles.
- Explain and illustrate how clean code pattern can be applied in projects.
- Assist teams to build unit test cases harness and apply code refactoring
- Work with DevOps teams on the tooling, CI/CD pipeline design to smoothen the
delivery team adoption of Continuous Delivery principles.
Implement Agile Methodology
- Implement the Agile process, principles and practices across all departments in the organization, by using techniques that promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- Embody the Agile principles and leads by example.
- Establish a Centre of Excellence on Agile/ DevOps practices.
- Establish Agile Technical DevOps training curriculum suitable for the organization.
- Degree with minimum of 5 years’ experience of software development in Agile teams exposed to either SCRUM, XP or Kanban methodology.
- Significant delivery experience in both web development and/or mobile system development and testing.
- Strong proponent of clean code principles and software craftsmanship.
- Strong in code branching concepts, and execution for different enterprise adoption scenarios.
- Good exposure to enterprise architectural design standards.
- Familiar with development and deployment onto cloud platform.
- Practical experience in Extreme Programming best practices, SOLID principles and experience in teaching other team members on the usage of these practices.
- High emotional intelligence, and work effectively with product team members.
- Experience in writing Jenkins file and scripting automated tests cases in Gherkin Language.
- Certification in PSD or CSD is a plus.